Thursday, July 31, 2008

Annoyed

The plans to visit drop-in centres to talk about the training programme and curriculum ideas have been canceled. Actually, they have been moved back a week. This is unfortunate because when we made these plans two weeks ago, I planned my non-Khanimamba schedule accordingly and commited to help run the diversity workshop at pre-service training for the next group of PCVs that week. So, I have nothing to do this coming week. The week after I will shlep to training via Pretoria, back to site for two days to cram as many DIC visits in as possible, then back to Pretoria for Diversity Committee training (assuming that's still happening, which is always a crapshoot).

So. That's that. I guess I will spend next week doing village things, which I haven't gotten to do a lot of since IST.

On the upside, I am going to Venda this weekend to visit another volunteer and verify whether all my guidebooks are justified in gushing about how "mystical" and "mysterious" the region is. It is supposed to be very lush, though Lonely Planet really could have used an editor who had read some Edward Said for that section. Hmm...I should probably go charge my camera battery...

No comments: