Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Few Short Entries

Goat Update

Sunday, I was sitting outside when I noticed a couple of animals in
our yard out of the corner of my eye, wagging their tails and
scratching themselves. I thought, "When did we get dogs?" Then I
looked closer and realized they were the goats.

Spring Is Here

And the world is green. It has been slowly becoming greener for the
past few weeks, but I didn't really notice this gradual increase until
this weekend, when I came back from a couple nights out of town.
Suddenly the once brownish landscape was verdant and beautiful, the
mountains in the distance cloaked in mist during rainy mornings.

The flip side of this is that all of the pretty foliage is covering
all of my mental landmarks. Reminiscent of my anxiety about getting
lost when I first moved here, my first few taxi rides since the
greenness began in earnest have all featured me looking anxiously out
the window for the latter half of the journey, looking for the
architectural cues that will tell me that I live nearby and should get
off the taxi.

Mail Moratorium

In early December, I will be traveling to some trainings for Peace
Corps. After that, my NGO, through which I receive my mail, will be
closed from mid-December to mid-January for the holiday break. I will
spend part of that time traveling. Since mail that languishes in the
post office for too long tends to disappear, it's probably a good idea
not to send me anything. Thanks!

No comments: